My Goddess Cream

Photo by Robb Leahy on Unsplash
This one goes out to the DIY and "natural beauty" lovers out there.

I've been making this recipe for several years now. I put it everywhere: feet, legs, butt, haunches, stomach, breasts, arms, throat. I feel good knowing what's going into my body cream, and this recipe is excellent because I can customize it based on particular concerns. The following recipe was developed to firm skin.

1/2 cup coffee-infused sweet almond oil
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup shea butter (I use raw African shea)

Essential oils I used included lavender, myrrh, sandalwood, patchouli, geranium, and jasmine. I chose these after researching the best essential oils for firming.

(I infuse the sweet almond oil by placing it in a double boiler or heat-resistant bowl with coffee beans/grounds on the stove. I put it on medium and let it infuse for 2-4 hours, then let it cool)

I melt the shea butter and coconut oil on the stove, then let the mixture sit until it's cool. After that, I add my essential oils and the infused almond oil, stir, then place in the freezer. After about 25-30 minutes, I put the whole concoction into a blender or mixer and whip it up. Then I store the cream in glass amber bottles.

I've sold a few containers of Goddess Cream and even have repeat customers! I absolutely love it. I feel that it firms, softens, and smooths my skin, which is important to watch out for as one ages. I've even used it on my face with no problems!

I love homemade skincare concoctions, so do share if you've got one you can't live without.

Comments

Popular Posts